IIS has a deep commitment to privacy and so even though we are a small business we have chosen to be covered by the federal Privacy Act in all of our activities.
We don’t collect a lot of personal information. The information we hold is mostly contact details of personnel of clients or potential clients.
We collect personal information
- When clients give it to us – for example on a business card or in an email
- From public sources or our networks to find potential clients or people interested in privacy
We don’t collect identifiable personal information about people who only browse our website.
We only use or share personal information for limited purposes
- To provide the agreed service to a client
- To send privacy news by email to people we have been in contact with and who have not opted out of receiving it
- To put an organisation hosting privacy related meetings in touch with people we know might be interested.
We don’t use or share information about anyone for any other purpose without their permission unless the law requires it.
We use Google Analytics to analyse non-identifiable website traffic data to improve our services. You can opt out of this by visiting here.
Where we store your information
We use an organisation in Switzerland to host data which includes personal information. The information is encrypted both in transit and on the service provider’s servers. Only IIS personnel have access to it.