Governance and Strategy
IIS can help build the privacy strategy to provide your public or private sector organisation with the building blocks for trusted engagements with customers and citizens. A privacy and trust strategy provides a 'blueprint' for building trust and privacy from the beginning by:
- Identifying privacy and trust issues and opportunities
- Developing values that underpin decision making and communication strategies
- Building mechanisms for embedding a culture of privacy within the organisation
- Building mechanisms for embedding privacy by design into the development and implementation of ICT platforms and business processes
- Facilitating where appropriate, public engagement to achieve transparency and trust
IIS also assists NSW government agencies in the drafting and implementation of Privacy Management Plans. Section 33 of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1988 (NSW) (PPIPA) requires NSW public sector agencies to develop privacy management plans which devise policies and practices to ensure their compliance with PPIPA and the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (NSW).