- "International Cooperation on Trust and Security Research: An Australian Perspective"- (presentation and background paper), Trust in the Information Society conference, organised by the Information Society & Media Directorate-General of the European Commission, The National Institute of Communication Technologies of Spain and the Spanish Electronics, Information Technology and Telecomunications Industries Association; León, Spain, 11 February 2010
- "Web 2.0 in Government: the key issue of privacy",
presentation to frocomm Web 2.0 in Government Conference 2009, Watersedge, The Rocks, Sydney, 24 June 2009
- "Trust & user centric ID management at the human level: implications for systems design", a Seminar for the School of Computer Science & Engineering, University of New South Wales, Sydney, 3 June 2009
- "Australian business consider a role for risk ratings in new thinking on privacy and trust", The Privacy Advisor, Vol. 9, No. 1, Jan 2009, a distilled report on the papers published by the Privacy and Trust Partnership on Open Forum
- "A Possible Way Forward: Some Themes and an Initial Proposal for a Privacy and Trust Framework" - a working paper for the Privacy and Trust Partnership seminar & workshop, The State Library of New South Wales, Sydney, 4 December 2007
- "Safe to Play: The trust framework in the Connected Republic" Public Services Summit December 2007, hosted by City of Stockholm and Cisco.
This white paper started a debate around a draft of the same title written by the Global Public Sector Practice, Internet Business Solutions Group and Cisco, for which IIS was the lead consultant. The paper was originally posted on www.TheConnectedRepublic.org and then published in the July 2008 edition of World Data Protection Report.
- "A New Approach to Trust and Privacy in the Information Age" - a paper for the Privacy and Trust Partnership conference convened in the Parliament House of NSW, Sydney, 4 July 2007
- "A New Approach to Trust and Privacy in the Information Age" - Closing Remarks by the Chair, Malcolm Crompton, at the Privacy and Trust Partnership conference convened in the Parliament House of NSW, Sydney, 4 July 2007
- "Respecting people, their individuality and their personal information: The key to Trust in the Net, but where's the keyhole?" - High Level Research Seminar on "TRUST IN THE NET" organised by the European Commission, Vienna, Austria, 9 February 2006
- "The Trust Cluster: Dealing Effectively with Security, Privacy, Identity and Authentication at the Heart of Connected Government" - "Respecting people, their individuality and their personal information: The Key to Connected Government, now and in the future" Public Services Summit hosted by City of Stockholm and Cisco Systems, Stockholm, Sweden, 9 December 2005
- "TRUST & the Net: some first thoughts" - Staff Seminar on Framework 7 Research Information Society & Media Directorate-General, Brussels, Belgium, 2 December 2005
- "Respect your Customers and Build Your Business: Principles for designing privacy into software using the APEC Privacy Framework" - Encuentro PROSOFT 2005, Mexico City, 24 November 2005